No one is too stiff, too out of shape, or too old to begin Iyengar yoga. You are welcome here regardless of your fitness level, age or abilities. We will help you find the right teacher and the right path for you.
News from Our Studio
For the Autumn Quarter six (6) classes will be the hybrid format. A hybrid class includes students in-person (in the studio) and students at home viewing the broadcast.
Christina’s and Diane’s classes will be hybrid. All other teachers will continue teaching online only.
Summer Quarter ends September 27, 2021.
Fall Quarter begins October 1, 2021.
Autumn Break is September 28 through 30. There will be no live classes those three days, but we have pre-recorded classes uploaded for viewing at your convenience. Log on and enjoy. Live classes start back online and in-studio October 1, 2021.
COVID precautions for in-studio attendance:
Please be understanding as we are doing our best to navigate this tricky territory . Christina and Diane are teaching our hybrid classes and are asking that everyone be vaccinated. We ask that you do the following for in-studio classes:
- You will need to bring proof of vaccination to class.
- Bring your own mat (and any additional props you prefer to bring). We will still be providing props but cannot assure that all are 100% sanitized.
- Some students are wearing masks. Wear any protective gear you choose. We are not requiring masks at this time, but will reevaluate as necessary.
- Only come to the studio if you are ok with being around other vaccinated people without demanding others behave in any particular way. We will cap in-studio attendance at 20 participants. If you are uncomfortable with these parameters, please continue to enjoy our classes from home – online. We will continue to provide online learning into the future as we have students tuning in from states including Californina, Idaho, Illinois and Virginia.
Follow the steps below to access all classes…
1. Create a Namastream/IYIP User Account. There you will pay for and pre-register for classes whether attendance will be in-studio or online. Just above is the link to the login page where you make your password.
2. Go to the “Shop” to purchase a product or browse the “Calendar” to find your class. If you want to attend an in-studio class you must pre-register. Click on the class in the Calendar.
3. Purchase your product and pre-register for any in-studio classes you wish to attend. Just click on the class you want to take up to 15 minutes before class time.
Our classes have three focus areas:
IYIP classes run in 12-week sessions with a short break between quarters. Most classes build sequentially throughout the quarter, but you are welcome to begin or drop in at any point.
You can pre-register and pay for classes using IYIP’s Namastream Website or pay at class time with cash or check made out to Iyengar Yoga Institute of Pittsburgh (IYIP). No need to call ahead; just come a few minutes early for your first class to meet your teacher and fill out our New Student Registration form.